Sallie began her career with the Missouri Department of Economic Development in 1993 assisting communities with their recovery from the Mississippi and Missouri River flooding that affected much of the Midwest. She spent 25 years at DED, working both small and large projects across the State in both urban and rural communities. Her work included negotiating the State’s participation in business development attraction and existing business expansion; public infrastructure and community facilities; redevelopment- including historic preservation, downtown revitalization and brownfield remediation; and a variety of community service projects.
Sallie managed the Division of Business and Community Services, which housed many of the state’s economic development programs. Her oversight of those programs allowed her to become proficient in their use and she became a valued partner to Missouri communities who were tackling complex finance issues with their development projects.
In December of 2018, Sallie left the Department and officially retired from State government. That move allowed her to re-join her former fellow employees (Brian Grace and Kelvin Simmons) and her former work colleagues (Kate Casas and Rodney Boyd) at Nexus to assist clientele with their development needs.
A native of St. Louis, Sallie is a proud graduate of the University of Colorado in Boulder. She resides on a small beef cattle farm in western Missouri.
- Fannie Mae Fellow, Harvard University, State and Local Government Executive’s Program
- Certified Economic and Community Development Professional, International Economic Development Council (CEcD)
- Certified Housing Development Finance Professional – National Development Council (HDFP)
- Board Member, Missouri Economic Development Finance Association
- Past Board Member, Council of State Community Development Agencies
- Past Governor’s Alternate, Delta Regional Authority
- Team Member, HUD/OMB National Outcome Measurement System for HOME, CDBG, ESG and HOPWA Programs
- 1999 recipient Governor’s Award for Quality and Productivity
Member, Missouri Economic Development Council and Missouri Community Development Society
- Past President, Osceola Area Chamber of Commerce
- Past Board Member, Industrial Development Authority, St. Clair County
- Past Board Member, Truman Lake Association
- 1989 recipient Missouri’s Best Award
- (417) 422-1779